Saturday, March 5, 2011

Surprise Yourself



I'm having a great year so far. My family here in Hong Kong and in Cebu are all healthy, and when you are healthy you can do a lot of things! A lot of positive things!

This year, I decided to go back to school, and no, it's not a yoga school. Although I am still attending yoga workshops and retreats to hone my skill as a student and as a teacher, I felt it was time to move on and learn something completely new. I enrolled in an interior design course. 

I am loving it! Even though in the first few weeks of the course, I was so lost and confused, having nightmares and losing sleep, I managed to find my footing. 

Baby steps. 

It's like attending my first yoga teacher training. I was sooooo lost. I just sat there, mouth hanging open and wondering what the hell the teacher was talking about??? 



Vatta, pitta, yama, samadhi, 8 limbs (I thought we only have 4!).... It was just too much. 

Baby steps. No shortcuts. 












I know it's still too early since the course is 2 years long. But hey, I am open to learning. Like anything else , I need to put in a lot of time. And look at this!!!


Who knew I can draw?!

Not me. That's for sure. I seriously surprised myself by drawing this vase. It took more than 5 hours in 2 separate sessions to finish it. But I finished it! 
It gave me back pain. But I finished it. 
I drew a freaking vase! 
Booyah!

I am busier than ever balancing teaching, practicing and completing assignments. But I know I can do it.
 
Surprise yourself. Do something that scares you.






No comments:

Post a Comment