Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last Class in Chianti

Here we are. It finally happened. My last day teaching in Chianti. Suddenly it's very quiet in the room and very quiet in my mind. More space has been created perhaps? I'm not even sure if I'm sad or happy, and the space in between my eyebrows, I feel narrowing. 





I built the classes here from hope. Hoping somebody will come in the door. Hoping somebody will send me an email. Hoping that they will stay. Hoping that they will like me. Hoping that they will pay. Hoping that they will bring their friends. Hoping that they enjoyed. Hoping that I can teach more.


In between the hoping was a lot of learning, and in between the learning was a lot of scary emotions. These waves of different emotions either pulls me high up with the birds, or drags me down flat on my face with the hermit crabs, leaving me bemused and frazzled. Facing the class became an integral part in grounding me, keeping me away from the crazy.





I learned who I am building the classes here. I also learned so much from my students, good and bad. I especially learned how much I love yoga. That my relationship with it has blossomed and has become uncontrolling and forgiving. 


2009 was all about change. 2010 is about moving forward with the changes. Let's see where my next class will take me.
Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love this...all you have written here is so true for me to! all the happiness, fear, emotions and changes that came with the first year of teaching! Yoga is blooming in my heart to :)
    See you in march!

    ReplyDelete