Saturday, September 4, 2010

Concrete Love



Playing with concrete is fun, but not to people who actually needs to make a living building houses. That's why when I asked the man working on this piece of wall if I could borrow his tools and started splattering wet cement on his piece of wall, he wasn't too thrilled. Heehee.

But I can't help myself. It looks like great fun.



I gave it a go. Feeling so proud of myself slathering wet cement and smoothing it out on the wall. It takes  technique with a certain flick of the wrist to get the wet cement stick on the wall, which obviously I don't have. Most of the wet cement ended up on the ground....

After a while I realized that this was hard work. Not fun at all - duh!
But I have to keep going because I started already with such glee and enthusiasm. 
Slather.
Smooth. 
Slather.
Smooth.
Uummm....Is it okay I give this back to you? My arms and shoulders are quite tired. *Sheepish smile*


Where most of the wet cement ended up - the ground and my feet.


I'm not sure what these are, but I thought it was a good contrast with all these grayness. 

Come to think of it, it's probably an ingredient for some kind of soup the workers are making.

END!


No comments:

Post a Comment