Monday, October 25, 2010

Jump!



Been practicing on finding lightness on the mat and in my life for as long as I can remember, especially for the latter. Lightness on the mat means I need to get in touch with my bandhas more. Lightness in my life is the opposite, I have to let go. 


When I was younger I remember that I loved collecting emotional baggage, wallowing in my own whiny world with a bottle of red or whatever bottle I can find that'll give me a temporary buzz and an interim amnesia. Being an "emo" made me look mature and cool - or so I thought. 




Getting in touch with my uddiyana bandha as I practice jumping back. As you can see my gut is still hanging-heehee!

As I got older, I had glimpses of undefinable brightness in my mind and heart, and whenever I feel this, I feel "light".
The more I let go, the lighter I feel.
The happier I become.
Joy.


The quiet, light feeling that I had before jumping out of the plane was unfathomable.




In my yoga journey, I tend to get frustrated and impatient when things don't go the way I want to. Then I self doubt. Then I tighten my bandhas like a crazy woman. If there is a bandah in the mind, believe me I've tightened that one too until the circulation in my brain ceased.
Then I stop practicing.


Lately though I've learned to love myself and others more. Then the joy returned. I applied it in my life and brought it on the mat with me. 
Lightness followed.


It's not easy being a good person. Not easy to be a devoted, hardcore yogi. 
I'm trying everyday.
Bringing joy to both my life and my yoga journey sure does make it easier, lighter.


Makes it easier to jump.



No comments:

Post a Comment